An awning is a type of supplemental roof or cover attached to your home. Awnings can be stationary or retractable and made of materials like aluminium, cloth, or vinyl. Awnings have a range of benefits:
- help manage sun exposure and heat that occurs both indoors and outdoors
- assists in reducing home energy costs by decreasing the need for air conditioning/fans and cooling.
- can help protect indoor and outdoor furniture, upholstery, and artwork from fading.
- can be manually operated, full electric (wired to electrical mains) or remote controlled.
- an awning can move from partial to full protection depending on the time of day/weather.
Canberra Shutters can assist you with the following:
Patio or deck cover shade cloths or sails
Retractable freestanding awnings
Retractable side arm/drop-arm awnings
Retractable canopy awnings
Retractable vertical drop awnings
Retractable patio cover systems
Motorized retractable awnings.